mightyZAP, the micro linear servo actuating solution for the era of the 4th industrial revolution
12Lf Force control lineup
mightyZAP FORCE Control 12Lf Series 90mm stroke firmware update (Oct, 6th, 2021) (Minor update on Feb, 28, 2022)
We are happy to release the updated Firmware for all mightyZAP actuators. (V21 for Position control lineup and V2.1 for Force control lineup actuator)
On this page, you can update the firmware for the FORCE control 12Lf series 90mm stroke actuator. Please check the firmware version of your actuator on the Manager software, if it is V2.1 or lower, please update the firmware for performance improvement and some bug fix.
If your actuators already have V2.1 indication along with the production lot number on the model plate sticker, you do not need update.
- IR-USB01(or IR-USB02) PC USB interface is required to update the firmware on the Manager software.
- Please install the new Manager software V3.1.1 optimized for the new firmware. [Download new manager software & update manual]
- Make sure to install the correct firmware that matches the model name of the actuator you have. When you download the update file, please pay attention to the model name.
- If the old firmware has been already applied to your existing equipment, be sure to test the new firmware with the equipment for verification. Although the actuator specifications are not to be changed through firmware update, the operating characteristics may be affected depending on the characteristics of the equipment, so please be sure to test the actuator with the new firmware in the equipment.
- Make sure to download correct model named firmware for your mightyZAP. Download the concerned firmware correctly according to your actuator model.
- Update single servo only. Do not update with multiple qty of servo motor under serial connection(daisy chain) at the same time. Otherwise, it may occur some error.
- In case that incorrect firmware is installed, please process the update with correct firmware update file again.
- Before update, make sure if all wirings (communication wire, power wire) are properly connected between IR-USB01(or USB02) & actuator / between PC and IR-USB01(or USB02). Then, please do not touch them while updating as it may occur fatal communication error. Please contact factory if communication or update error continues.
- Stroke calibration process will be automatically made after firmware update. So, before firmware update, make sure if actuator is standalone(should not be connected with any mechanical stuff of your application) for proper calibration.
[V21 - What is updated?]
- Save failure issue is resolved after reset for Min/Max Position Calibration (Saved Min/Max Position Calibration data can be saved even after Reset)
- Save failure after Current Limit setting has been fixed.
[Ref. V20 - What were updated? - on Oct, 6th, 2021]
|Item||Before (Ver.1.5)||After (Ver.2.0)||Purpose of Update|
|MODBUS RTU Protocol||Not supported||MODBUS Protocol and IR Open Protocol can be selected (default setting is IR Open protocol)||For better Communication Interface|
|Baudrate 38400||Not supported||Baudrate 38400 Added||Diversification of communication speed options|
|Force Enable when booting||When booting up, Force Disabled (Force ON after position command)||When booting up, Force Enabled (Force ON immediately after power on even before position command)||Prevents pushing when power is applied and improves stability|
|Return Delay||Adjustable (0~255)||Changed to a fixed value according to the baudrate (Not adjustable)||For better communication stability|
|Stroke Pulse width||Adjustable||Not Adjustable||Improved system stability|
|Min/Max Position Calibration||Not supported||Add Min/Max Position Calibration feature||Provide start/end point synchronization custom feature|
|Error state||7Error Indications /Error Shutdown Setting available ;
Stroke Limit Error
Input Voltage Error
|2 Error Indications /Error Shutdown Setting available ;
Input Voltage Error
|Simplify Error Display|
|Error LED Indicator Color||Instruction Error (White)
Overload Error (Cyan)
checksum Error (Magenta)
Range Error (Blue)
Stroke Limit Error (Green)
Input Voltage Error (Red)
|Overload Error (RED Flickering)
Input Voltage Error (RED Steady On)
|Simplify Error Display|
|Center Difference||Adjustable||Parameter removed. Replaced with fixed value||Improved system stability|
|Compliance Margin||Not Adjustable||Add new parameter (Non-volatile)||Feature improvement|
Check Firmware version / Firmware Download Link
- Please refer to the old and new firmware number for each actuator model.
- Firmware version number can be found on mightyZAP manager software. Connect your actuator with software, then see "Management"-"Information" window or "System"-"Firmware version".
- If your firmware version is old version, please update it for better performance.
|Model||Old Ver.||New Ver.||New Firmware Download
(Click model name below)